Traffic charges can have serious consequences if you are found/plead guilty. Consequences may include: imposition of substantial fines, loss of demerit points, loss of licence and in serious cases, imprisonment. This will impact on your work and home life substantially.
The Traffic Law Team at Quinn & Scattini Lawyers have represented countless clients facing traffic charges, ranging from minor offences to serious offences and for first-time offenders and repeat offenders. Q&S’s expert traffic lawyers also provide high quality legal representation in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court, across multiple traffic-related court proceedings.
The laws relating to traffic offences are complex. Q&S recommend you seek expert legal advice to ensure you are aware of the complexities of your case and will confidently meet all deadlines, whether it be attending to paperwork or appearing before the court.
Traffic Law Team
Q&S’s expert Traffic Law Team are dedicated and committed to achieving the best possible outcome.
Track record of success
Examples of recent traffic matters Q&S’s Traffic Team have handled include:
- obtained a sentence of probation and 15 month licence disqualification for a client charged with their sixth drink-driving offence,
- negotiated a charge of “dangerous operation of a motor vehicle” to a lesser charge of “driving with undue care an attention” which resulted in no licence disqualification, rather than a minimum six month disqualification that would have otherwise been imposed
- defended a client charged with his fifth offence of “disqualified driving” and secured a sentence of immediate parole, as opposed to 18 months imprisonment,
- secured a work licence for a client charged with mid range drink driving, with a reading of 0.149, whilst also riding a motorbike with no helmet,
- obtained a special hardship order for a client who had lost his licence as a result of driving 56kmph over the speed limit whilst on his P plates,
- negotiated with prosecution to reduce the unlicensed driving charges from “unlicensed driving while SPER suspended” to the lesser charge of “unlicensed driving simpliciter”, which does not hold a mandatory licence disqualification period, and
- negotiated with the prosecution to have the charge of wilfully create noise and/or smoke, which required a three month impoundment of our client’s vehicle, to a lesser charge of make noise or smoke, which led to a small fine and demerit points only.
What to do if you have been charged
Seek expert legal advice and representation as soon as possible.
Defending your traffic charge/s with an experienced lawyer at your side can mean the difference between keeping and losing your licence.
If you are applying for a work licence, there are a range of conditions that must be met. Q&S’s expert traffic lawyers can advise you of the requirements and work closely with you to achieve the best outcome.
If you are applying for a special hardship order, there are strict time limits in place. A special hardship order also has multiple requirements and must be filed with the court within 21 days of your licence being suspended.
How we can help
Q&S’s traffic lawyers can expertly navigate traffic laws complexities, advise you on the likelihood of being found guilty of a traffic offence, advise you on your prospects of success if you decide to plead not guilty, provide extensive support in the lead up to court appearances, respond to your questions in a timely manner, and let you know the potential penalties that may apply if found guilty by the court.
Why choose us?
You will be talking to a real expert, local to you. You will not be treated like a file number, but as a real person, and a person going through a difficult and stressful experience. Get expert advice, not just what you want to hear, in a language you can understand, not legal jargon.
Q&S’s offices are conveniently located nearby the courts which allow us to accept instructions to act and appear in court, or to file urgent documents at short notice.
Q&S’s expert traffic lawyers are available at any of Q&S’s seven office locations.
Get in touch!
Book a Traffic Law Consultation for only $99, submit an online enquiry below, or speak to an expert traffic lawyer on 1800 999 529.