Russell Leneham is:
- A director of Quinn & Scattini
- Team Leader of our Wills & Estates Team
- An Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates – one of Queensland’s very few Accredited Specialists in the area of inheritance law.
Russell was admitted as a solicitor in November 1988. After several years practising as a solicitor at Upper Mt Gravatt and then Beenleigh, Russell joined Quinn & Scattini in April 2002.
Russell's broad range of legal experience includes:
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal injuries
- Criminal law
- Family law
- Administrative law
- Business law
- Debt recovery
- Employment law
- Powers of attorney
- Deceased estates
- Suing lawyers and others for professional negligence [see for example Russell’s case of Littler v Price, which was successful in the District Court (see link), the Court of Appeal (see link) and the High Court (see link)]
From that diverse background Russell now specialises in probate and estate administration, estate planning (such as wills and powers of attorney), and his area of special interest – estate litigation, as well as overseeing a team of Commercial Litigation lawyers.
Russell represents clients in matters such as:
- Challenging the validity of a will
- Challenging unfair provisions in a will
- Contesting paternity of beneficiaries of an estate
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal – guardianship and administration applications
- Trustee disputes
Russell Leneham, and the team of lawyers under his supervision, have in recent years conducted the following estate cases that are on the public record in the Supreme Court of Queensland:
- Obtained an order for $900,000 plus costs
- Successfully proved a copy of a handwritten will that Quinn & Scattini found among hospital records
- Obtained favourable costs orders against the plaintiffs and the estate
- In the same case, successfully defended the plaintiffs’ appeal
- Click here to read about two cases reported in the Sunday Mail.
Russell and his team conducted all of the above cases (and many others, most of which are successfully settled out of court) on a “no win, no fee” basis.
Russell is a past President of the Beenleigh Yatala Chamber of Commerce and of the Logan/Beenleigh District Law Association, and chair of the Queensland Chapter of the J Reuben Clark Law Society.