Quinn & Scattini Lawyers were established in 1974 and we have been dealing with a wide range of criminal law matters ever since.
Criminal Law is highly dynamic due to constant changes to legislation. It covers a wide variety of areas from public nuisance offences through to assault and murder.
Getting a criminal conviction can threaten your freedom, your rights, your ability to travel and even your chances of employment. Additionally, being charged with a criminal offence can be very stressful for both you and your family.
Criminal Law Team
Our expert Criminal Law Team understand the intricacies of the criminal law system. They can explain your options to you in plain English.
Our wealth of experience will ensure that your matter is handled professionally and by people who understand how the system works ensuring you receive the best possible result.
At Quinn & Scattini our Criminal & Traffic Law Team represents clients in all criminal and traffic matters. Examples of recent matters our team have handled include:-
- Drug charges such as drug possession and supply
- Client released without conviction or punishment after pleading guilty to a charge of supplying dangerous drugs.
- Client had a serious charge of producing dangerous drugs, received a $2,000 fine rather than a community based order or a period of imprisonment.
- Sex offences including rape and sexual assault
- Defended a client who was charged with sixteen very serious sexual assault related charges, resulting in the client being found not guilty at trial on all charges.
- Having a serious sexual assault related matter withdrawn after submitting to the prosecution that there was insufficient evidence and that it was not in the public interest for the matter to be pursued.
- Domestic Violence Applications and Defending Against an Application (or alleged breach)
- Successfully defended numerous Protection Order Applications, including a recent matter where the other party was ordered to pay costs.
- Successfully obtained domestic violence orders for aggrieved persons after they had been subjected to physical and emotional violence as well as being harassed and intimidated.
- Assault including common assault, grievous bodily harm and murder
- Defended a client charged with grievous bodily harm, resulting in the client being found not guilty at trial.
- Successfully ran a trial resulting in a guilty finding on the lesser charge of assault occasioning bodily harm rather than intent to do grievous bodily harm.
- Successfully negotiated a number of serious charges of murder having them dropped to lesser charges of manslaughter.
- Recently defended a juvenile client who was charged with murder, wherein the Prosecution subsequently agreed to withdraw all charges against our client.
- Obtaining a $500.00 fine for a client who pleaded guilty to a serious public nuisance charge of threatening assault with a weapon despite the prosecution submitting actual jail should be imposed.
- Recently obtained a sentence of immediate parole for a client who pleaded guilty to a serious assault of a police officer.
- Theft, fraud and robbery
- Recently defended a client who was charged with a break and enter offence, wherein the Prosecution subsequently agreed to withdraw charges against our client.
- Recently obtained a wholly suspended sentence for a number of sensitive and serious fraud-related matters where actual jail would ordinarily have been imposed.
- Internet offences
- Recently obtained a discharge without proceeding to conviction in a serious offence of using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence to a high profile individual.
- Traffic offences and drink driving
- Obtained a $1,000 fine for a client who was originally charged with perverting the course of justice, instead of actual jail as the penalty.
- Recently obtained a sentence of probation and a 15 month disqualification for a client who was charged for a 6th offence of drink driving.
- Successfully negotiated a charge of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle to one of driving with undue care an attention.
- Recently defended a client charged with his 5th offence of disqualified driving and obtained for him a sentence of immediate parole.
- Successfully obtained a number of work licences and special hardship orders for clients. This is an area that we specialise in and have a very high success rate of obtaining licenses for those who are eligible.
- Successfully negotiated with the prosecution to reduce charges of Unlicensed Driving while SPER suspended (which instead does not hold a mandatory disqualification).