Serious times. Strong defence.
Quinn & Scattini Lawyers has dealt with a wide range of criminal law matters for over forty years.
Receiving a criminal conviction can threaten your freedom, your rights, your ability to travel and even your prospects of employment. Additionally, being charged with a criminal offence, and appearing before the courts can be a very stressful and daunting experience.
Our expert Criminal Law Team understands the highly dynamic nature of criminal law and stays up-to-date with the constant changes to criminal law legislation, ensuring you get the best defence possible. Understanding the intricacies of the criminal law system and explaining your options to you in plain English, our expert criminal lawyers will handle your matter professionally and with confidence.
Our Criminal Law Team regularly advises on bail applications, internet offences, public nuisance offences, theft, fraud and robbery, violent offences, domestic violence orders, sexual offences, drug-related offences, through to assault and murder and knows how the system works first-hand.
For information on traffic law offences, please visit our dedicated traffic law webpage.
Recent examples of cases where our criminal lawyers have expertly represented clients and secured the best possible result are outlined below.
- successfully obtained bail for clients with serious charges including rape, grievous bodily harm, drug trafficking and robbery, and
- made successful applications for bail in the Supreme Court after refusal by magistrates.
- obtained a discharge without proceeding to conviction in a serious offence of using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence to a high-profile individual, and
- secured a good behaviour bond and no conviction recorded for our client who used a carriage service to menace, harass and cause offence.
Theft, Fraud and Robbery
- defended a client charged with a break-and-enter offence, with prosecution withdrawing all charges against our client,
- obtained a verdict of not guilty for a client charged with burglary where there was complex DNA evidence,
- represented a client who obtained an immediate parole release for a robbery, and
- secured a wholly-suspended sentence for a number of sensitive and serious fraud-related matters where actual jail would ordinarily have been imposed.
- achieved a not-guilty verdict at trial for our client charged with grievous bodily harm,
- successfully ran a trial resulting in a guilty finding on the lesser charge of assault occasioning bodily harm rather than intent to do grievous bodily harm,
- successfully negotiated a number of serious charges of murder having them reduced to a lesser charge of manslaughter,
- secured all charges being dropped by prosecution, for our client, a juvenile, who was charged with murder,
- obtained a $500 fine for a client who pleaded guilty to a serious public nuisance charge of threatening assault with a weapon, despite the prosecution submitting for actual jail, and
- obtained a probation and community service order for our client who pleaded guilty to the serious assault of a police officer.
Domestic Violence Applications and Defending Against an Application (Or Alleged Breach)
- obtained domestic violence orders for aggrieved persons after they had been subjected to physical and emotional violence, as well as being harassed and intimidated, and
- defended numerous protection order applications, including a recent matter where the other party was ordered to pay costs.
- obtained no conviction or punishment for our client, after pleading guilty to a charge of supplying dangerous drugs, and
- secured a $2,000 fine, rather than a community based order or a period of imprisonment, for a client facing a serious charge of producing dangerous drugs.
- defended a client charged with sixteen serious sexual assault related charges, resulting in the client being found not guilty at trial on all charges, and
- successfully submitted to prosecution on behalf of our client, charged with a serious sexual assault matter, that there was insufficient evidence and it was not in public interest to pursue the case.
- obtained a $1,000 fine for our client, instead of actual jail, for our client who was originally charged with perverting the course of justice,
- secured a sentence of probation and a 15 month disqualification for our client who was charged with their sixth drink driving offence,
- successfully negotiated a charge of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle to a lesser charge, of driving without due care and attention,
- obtained a sentence of immediate parole for our client who was charged with their fifth offence of disqualified driving,
- successfully obtained a number of work licences and special hardship orders for clients, and
- successfully negotiated with the prosecution to reduce a charge of unlicensed driving while SPER suspended to a standard charge of unlicensed driving (which instead does not hold a mandatory disqualification).
- successfully represented our client who was charged contravening a direction by police and secured a conviction with no further punishment.
Serious Times. Serious defence.
Our expert criminal lawyers have successfully represented hundreds of clients across all courts. Find out more about our successful verdicts here.
Quinn & Scattini Lawyers are preferred suppliers of Legal Aid for criminal law, traffic law and youth justice matters only. We provide our Legal Aid clients with outstanding service, and are committed to providing legal assistance to those unable to afford private representation.
If you require detailed information on the Legal Aid process, eligibility requirements or would like to make an application visit Legal Aid Queensland’s website or access the Factsheet ‘Can I get Legal Aid‘.
What to Do If You Have Been Charged?
Seek expert legal advice and representation as soon as possible.
Defending your criminal charge/s with an experienced criminal lawyer at your side can mean the difference between securing the best or an average outcome, regardless of the charges.
How We Can Help
Our criminal lawyers can expertly navigate criminal law’s complexities, advise you on the likelihood of being found guilty of a criminal offence, advise you on your prospects of success if you decide to plead not guilty, provide extensive support in the lead up to court appearances, respond to your questions in a timely manner, and let you know the potential penalties that may apply if found guilty by the court.
Why Choose Us?
You will be talking to a real expert, local to you. You will not be treated like a file number, but as a real person, and a person going through a difficult and stressful experience. Get expert advice, not just what you want to hear, in a language you can understand, not legal jargon.
Our offices are conveniently located nearby the courts which allow us to accept instructions to act and appear in court, or to file urgent documents at short notice.
Our expert criminal lawyers are available at any of our local offices.
Get In Touch!
Book a criminal law consultation, submit an online enquiry below or speak to an expert criminal lawyer on 1800 999 529.