Key Practice Areas
Electronic Conveyancing Now Available
Tuesday, April 1, 2019
What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal process of buying and selling land (with or without a building on the land).
What Is Electronic Conveyancing (e-Conveyancing)?
Electronic conveyancing offers conveyancers, lawyers and financial institutions an alternative way of settling conveyancing transactions by settling electronically through a central, electronic/online platform.
The online platform is called PEXA. PEXA stands for Property Exchange Australia and was established in 2010 with the objective of assisting the Australian property industry transition to a 100% electronic conveyancing process in the future.
There are a range of benefits for buyers and sellers which include:
- On-time settlement (as documents are prepared and checked for errors prior to lodgement);
- Peace of mind (instant lodgement of documents with relevant authorities including the Titles Office); and
- No need for cheques (replaced with electronic transfer of funds).
- On time settlement (as documents are prepared and checked for errors prior to lodgement);
- Fast access to funds (funds are transferred as cleared funds on the day of settlement and so no waiting for cheques to clear); and
- Easy to use (signing of transfer documents by seller no longer required).
PEXA currently charges a fee of $56.32 per transaction.
Ready to Assist
Quinn & Scattini understand how important it is to be at the forefront of this technological development in order to deliver best outcomes for our clients. After receiving detailed training from PEXA staff at our local offices, our Conveyancing Team can now provide electronic conveyancing via the PEXA platform.
The Quinn & Scattini Advantage
We will take care of your conveyance from the signing the contract to successful settlement.
Conveyancing services include:
- checking the contract;
- property searches;
- providing copies of survey plans for checking;
- advise on special conditions;
- preparation of transfer;
- preparing stamp duty declarations and attending to the payment of duties;
- adjust rates and any other outgoings;
- preparation of settlement statement; and
- attending to settlement.
We can also ensure that clauses covering your rights and the responsibilities of other parties are inserted into your contract. This will streamline your conveyancing process and protect you if items such as soil tests, pest control, finance approvals, surveys and searches are not completed in the anticipated manner.
How We Can Help
Quinn & Scattini’s experienced Conveyancing Team know what it takes to reach a successful settlement and provide first-class service from first call to finalising the matter.
Why Choose Us?
You will be talking to a real expert, local to you. You will not be treated like a number but as a real person, and a person going through a difficult and stressful experience. Get expert advice, not just what you want to hear, in language you can understand not legal jargon.
Our expert conveyancers are available at any of our local offices.
Still Need Answers?
Contact our expert Conveyancing Team on 1800 999 529 or request an obligation-free quote by submitting an online enquiry below.